Thursday, November 8, 2007

SRK promotes Om Shanti Om on Nach Baliye

With Om Shanti Om ready for release, Shahrukh Khan is all geared up promoting via all possible channels. Recently he was seen as a guest on the small screen dance competition, Nach Baliye.

The participants seemed very eager to please King Khan as all had donned the 70s look for their performance. Shahrukh must have obviously been pleased as he even performed on the Dard E Disco item number from Om Shanti Om.

Recently there were rumours that SRK had said that he will destroy Saawariya, which will also release on the same day as Om Shanti Om. However, Shahrukh had a more diplomatic version to present. He said, “What I said was I don’t want to destroy XYZ film. But, as a production house, it’s my duty to see that my competitor doesn’t win in this competition. Again, all of this is dependant on how nice my film is. I can keep promoting my film, I can market my film, but if it doesn’t click, everything is pointless.”

There were also talks of a tiff between the distributor and exhibitor of the film. Ask SRK about the issues and he cheekily retorts, “Am I an exhibitor, or a distributor? My film looks beautiful and I am not worried about anything else. If they have issue, they will resolve it. To be frank, till two days back I wasn’t even aware of an issue. That way I am a bad producer.” Well, going by the way the retro style, brought in vogue by OSO, has caught amongst the youth….seems like this movie is already a hit…

No comments: