Friday, November 23, 2007

SRK launches a book on Om Shanti Om

Shahrukh Khan is known to have a knack of taking every remark and criticism to his stride. However, recently when a BCCI official remarked that SRK shouldn’t use the cricket ground as a means of promoting his films, Shahrukh was obviously upset.

On the occasion of the release of a book on the making of Om Shanit Om, Shahrukh said, “I have never used any platform for the promotion of my film, unless the platform was specifically meant for it. I am not so by nature. The fact is that God, this country and its people have given me so much that I do not have to go and praise myself or my work on somebody else’s platform.”

He also explained his talking about Om Shanti Om during the match. He said, “I’d been there to watch a match. There, I was asked by Rameez Raza that his family wanted to watch my film. Now I find it quite odd, if a film actor won’t talk about his film, then what does he talk about?

Release of the book written on the making of Om Shanti Om. “I think there should be some accountability and notability on how a film is made. It’s about films. Not about me.”

At the book launch, the leading lady of Om Shanti Om, Deepika Padukone, was also present. She said, “I am very happy and proud of the fact that I’m on its cover. I liked the movie experience.”

Arjun Rampal and Farah Khan also made their presence felt on the occasion. Farah said, “For me it is like a personal diary as we had such a good time making the film. Also, I always wanted somebody writes a book on my film.”

SRK, who was visibly happy with the book, commented on some bits of the book. He spoke about a particular section dedicated to the junior artistes in the film industry. SRK said, “Mushtaq has written a chapter on junior artistes and there is a beautiful line by him that says ‘We don’t dream as dreams don’t come true’. I would like to dedicate this book, Mushtaq’s writing and Farah’s creation to those people who haven’t got their place in the sun.”

Reports of Shahrukh’s Villa in Dubai had been making rounds since quite some time. It is said that the house is so big hat it can be even spotted from the moon. Also, as neighbours SRK has Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for company. On being asked about these reports, he said, “It’s not a wrong report. The Naqeel developers had gifted it to me three years back. I don’t know who my neighbours are and I have yet not taken possession of the house yet. I just need some privacy. So I hope my neighbours are as private as I am.” He further quipped, “I have never been to the moon. I would love to go there and check it out though.” Well, here is one actor who sure knows how to deal with the inquisitiveness of media and his fans.

No comments: